The Zojirushi NP HBC18 rice cooker and warmer uses latest induction heating system to cook rice. Induction heating ensures better temperature control resulting in a more uniformly cooked rice.
While many inexpensive rice cookers available on the market can also cook perfectly fine white rice, they tend to fall flat for other varieties. This rice cooker has many rice configuration settings, so you can easily cook white rice to three degrees of overall tone (regular, hard, soft). It can also cook quick rice, sushi rice, and mixed rice.
You can also use this induction rice cooker to cook brown rice with number of options, such as germinated brown rice, regular brown, or GABA brown rice. Aside from rice, you can also use this cooker to make porridge using its additional porridge configuration.
It uses microcomputer technology that allows it to have multiple cooking functions on its menu, which makes it a necessity for any avid rice fans who wants to include rice into their daily diet. It’s microchip does all the thinking, based on the rice you’re cooking, from adjusting temperature, cooking times, and can also time the pre-soak of raw grains to that final “wait” period during steaming.
It’s fuzzy logic works best for various rice types, including brown, white, porridge or sweet, each of which has different cooking requirements.
The NP-HBC18 is uncomplicated and user friendly, with a clear display screen, and you have off-on tunes, which you can easily turn off if you choose to do so. It also has a extended warm (12 hours and 24 hours) and warm settings.
The inner cooking pan of NP-HBC18 rice cooker has many measuring markings engraved right inside (white, mixed, brown), so you simply have to measure cups of rice you want to cook and then fill it up with some water within the corresponding line. Set the configuration, and you’re simply all set to go! Once your rice is cooked, the cooker simply switches to keep-warm setting.
* Can cook various types of rice
* Uncomplicated and user-friendly, very easy to clean
* Can also cook risotto, polenta, oatmeal, and even porridge
* Made using stainless steel, which looks great with other appliances
* Comes with a spatula holder, spatula, and a rice-measuring cup
*Has superior induction heating
* LCD control panel, multi-menu capabilities, and a keep warm timer
* It cooks rice using induction heat, so rice is cooked in a perfect manner
* Has a spherical cooking pan, so its heating system provides even heating for a perfectly cooked rice
* It has a specific feature to perfectly cook brown rice
* It takes a long time to cook
* It’s slightly expensive than other rice cookers.
Customer Reviews and Scores
It is great for lager households. You can easily navigate through options using its large LCD panel. To date this product has received 216 reviews and has been rated 4.4 out of 5 stars.
The NP-HBC18 Inducton Rice Cooker and Warmer is slightly expensive but is best one you can get and its exciting features (MICOM technology, induction heating system, and multi-menu cooking functions), we can see why so many people are willing to invest more in a rice cooker. It’s a great choice for larger households and you can cook variety of rice using its automatic settings.